maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: Maven2 maven-release-plugin release:prepare - changing current dir for scm operations
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:17:54 GMT
Hi,

davy123 wrote on Friday, January 19, 2007 1:39 PM:

> I am using svn.
>
> My project structure on disk:
> dir myproject
> dir myproject/design
> dir myproject/impl
> file myproject/impl/pom.xml
> dir myproject/impl/src
>
> How is the above structure mapped in svn:
> myproject/trunk/impl
> The reason for such mapping is that svn contains some other
> things (design
> dir) apart from standard project maven structure.
>
> The problem is: when I use the maven-release-plugin, the maven working
> directory is impl (because pom is in impl) and all svn
> operations use dot
> for source when using 'svn copy' ('svn copy .
> .../myproject/tags/0.1'). This
> does not work for me, because it puts in tag only content of
> the impl dir,
> not content of the myproject dir.
>
> Can I somehow persuade the plugin to use parent project for
> svn operations?

No, because the pom.xml must reside in the root of a project. Perfoming the release Maven
checks out from the generated tag and rund an embedded build from that directory (this ensures
that you build from the tagged sources). The only option you have is to move the pom.xml one
level above and configure the paths in the pom to use that impl/xxx directory structure.

- Jörg