maven-users mailing list archives

From franz see <franz....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mvn -- still runs delete test?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 00:55:35 GMT

Good day to you, Mark,

> On 12/30/06, mxc <mark@jumpingbean.co.za> wrote:
>
> > 1) I have some hbm.xml files I have placed in the resources folder under
> > /src/java/main. However when running test these resources cannot be
> accessed
> > by the class being tested. If I package the jar the files are copied
> over to
> > the jar. Why does getResource not work as expected?
>
> I'd need to see the pom and the directory structure.  A 'resource
> folder under /src/java/main' sounds decidedly non-standard.

You may want to look at [1] for an introduction to maven's standard
directory layout.

> > 2) I deleted the test that failed as a result of the above so it could
> pass
> > its tests and install itself. However running mvn install still results
> in
> > the test being run! This is weird as the test class has been deleted! I
> feel
> > like I am going insane.
>
> My guess is that you deleted the .java file and did not run 'mvn
> clean'.  The .class file would still be there under target.

Aside from deleting your test java and class files, you can simply add
-Dmaven.test.skip=true to your mvn command to skip the tests ( i.e. mvn
install -Dmaven.test.skip=true ). See [2] for more info about skipping
tests.

Cheers,
Franz

[1]