maven-users mailing list archives

From "Barrie Treloar" <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patched artifacts resolved incorrectly from internal repository
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:27:38 GMT
> I don't see how the renaming solution would work for a temporary scenario such as
> the one found when patching artifacts. This is because chasing down
> references and changing them could be very difficult and unnecessarily
> burdensome.
[del]
> So are there workarounds?
> >
> > Yes.  Change the artifactId, which makes it unique to your internal
> > patch repository and the problem goes away.  I would be suggestions
> > maven-<original name>-internal-plugin.
>

> This is a no go based on my previous comment

I'm not sure I follow your objections here.

When patching we need to deploy any snapshot dependencies, which
requires checking them out of svn and then updating the pom. With the
workaround there is just two extra steps, change the artifactId name
to include -internal, update the referencing pom to use the new
artifactId.