maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mykel Alvis" <my...@weirdness.com>
Subject How property "inheritance" works
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:48:29 GMT
Is there a guide to how properties are cascaded through poms via maven
settings.xml, command line overrides, parent pom definitions, etc?

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/MavenPropertiesGuide doesn't
answer this question, and so far none of the maven docs on profiles and
properties does either.

I'm in the process of documenting how this works, but I'm having to do it
experimentally, since I can't seem to find a set of rules about how
overrides work.

Anyone have any additional information about this?

Thanks,
Mykel
--
I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.