maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MAVEN_INSTALL_DIR/conf/settings.xml
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:14:36 GMT
On 12/4/06, Marilyn Sander -X (marilysa - Digital-X, Inc. at Cisco)
<marilysa@cisco.com>
> Perhaps I mis-stated a bit.  There is not a time dependency.  There are
> two
> ways that we invoke maven.  The first is with the mvn command, to do the
> java build.
> The second is later, after the mvn build has created the local
> repository, where we
> invoke a maven <copy> ant task to fetch some artifacts from the local
> repository.
> The fetching from the local repository is so we can build an install
> file using a
> commercial tool for building a GUI installer.

The local repository is intended to be used by a single developer.  If
you need to share artifacts, then deploy them to a "remote" internal
corporate repository.

The snapshot and release deployment urls are set in
<distributionManagement> for each project.

--
Wendy