maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M2: Site generation failed for multi-module projects
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:36:10 GMT
On 12/1/06, Kenny Cheang <kcheang@k-swiss.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what the problem might be? I mentioned that the "mvn
> compile" and "mvn package" works fine when I execute these commands in
> parent project directory. But if I execute them in module B directory, I
> will get the same error. Any help is appreciated!

Maven is repository based.  By using 'mvn compile' and 'mvn package'
you are just building things under 'target', and never installing them
in your local repository.

You'll need to 'mvn install' to put them in your local repository (or
'mvn deploy' if you're working with others and using a remote
repository).

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

--
Wendy