maven-users mailing list archives

From "Nikunj Mehta" <nrmeht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patched artifacts resolved incorrectly from internal repository
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:53:01 GMT

> run mvn help:effective-pom > effective-pom.txt

verify that internal_plugins is defined in both repositories and

pluginRepositories

In the effective POM for my project, I have the following repositories

   - apache.snapshots
   - project.snapshots
   - central

And I have the following plugin repositories

   - internal.plugins
   - apache.snapshots
   - central

So, this does not have internal.plugins as a repository, only has it as a
plugin repository.

verify that the pom has the correct version details for the plugin
> e.g.
>         <plugin>
>           <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
>           <version>2.1-INTERNAL-r485987-pMSUREFIREREP-6</version>
>         </plugin>

The effective POM of my root project does not show any plugins or their
versions

delete the maven-surefire-report-plugin from your m2 local repo
> run mvn -X surefire-report:report > surefire-report-report.txt
>
> again delete the maven-surefire-report-plugin from your m2 local repo
> run mvn -X site > site.txt
>
> Now look at the surefire-report-report.txt, I am hoping that you will
> find that it resolves and downloads the plugin correctly from your
> internal_plugins.

Not sure if you mean surefire-report symbolically or literally. My patch has
nothing to do with maven-surefire-report-plugin. I have patched
maven-surefire-plugin and surefire-junit projects.