maven-users mailing list archives

From "Valerio Schiavoni" <valerio.schiav...@gmail.com>
Subject webstart-plugin: dependencies
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:25:56 GMT
hello everyone,
one of the configuration parameters of the webstart plugin looks like the
following:

<!-- transitive dependencies filter -->
           <dependencies>
             <!-- Note that only groupId and artifactId must be specified
here. because of a limitation of the Include/ExcludesArtifactFilter -->
             <includes>
                <include>commons-logging:commons-logging</include>
                <include>commons-cli:commons-cli</include>
             <includes>
             <!-- excludes>
                <exclude></exclude>
             <excludes-->
           </dependencies>

what is the main intent of the includes or excludes ?
At first, i added my application (the one that has to be distributed via
webstart) as a dependency: then, it seems like I have to add in the includes
block all its dependencies..but then what happen with transitive
dependencies ?...

any one can clarify this ?

thanks,
valerio