maven-users mailing list archives

From Enrique Gaona <ega...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Maven dependency question
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:28:48 GMT

I posted this message earlier and didnt get any replies.  Anyone know the
answer:)  Thanks.

Enrique

             Enrique
             Gaona/Austin/IBM@
             IBMUS                                                      To
                                       users@maven.apache.org
             11/14/2006 01:33                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Maven dependency question
             Please respond to
               "Maven Users
                   List"
             <users@maven.apac
                  he.org>

Hi folks,

We have a J2EE application project (ear) which contains one Web project
(war), one EJB project and one utilities java project.
The war and EJB jar projects depends from the same utilities project.
We included the WEB, EJB and utilities projects as dependencies into the
ear pom file, so all three output files are included into ear file.
EJB project works as expected it only adds Class-Path: entry into its
Manifest.MF class

The problem with the Web project, it adds the common utility jar file into
its WEB-INF/lib directory. We tried to change the dependency scope from
"compile" to "provided". In this case neither the jar was  added nor the
Class-Path: entry.

How can we specify dependency from the common utility jar file in the war's
pom file?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Enrique