maven-users mailing list archives

From <Remy.Coqueugn...@sanofipasteur.com>
Subject RE: [m2] use case problem
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:16:28 GMT
First, thanks for your answer.
I was wondering, if this mailing list is the right place for such
question.

> I'm leaning towards settings.xml with the appropriate
> Proximity repository defined as a mirror of central.
> You can create a "custom" versions of maven by modifying the
> settings.xml in the maven distribution.  That way you're sure
> that everyone is using the appropriate settings.  Or you can
> provide instructions for developers to modify their local
> settings.xml files.

Yes. It's what I was planning to do.

> If your integration testers are using the second Proximity
> repository as a mirror of central, (and no other
> repositories,) the build will fail if the artifacts aren't present.

> My concern (without trying it) is that a lot of poms add
> additional <repositories>, and I'm not sure how you're going
> to prevent those from being used.  (Other than isolating the
> build machine so it doesn't have access to anything but the
> repository you've set up.)
Our internet access is controlled via a company proxy. It's one of the
main advantage to use proximity.
So if an unknown repository is declared in a given pom, the artifact
resolution will fail.

But if the integration team use such an exclusive repository, its
feeding will be a little bit tricky?
It should be filled not only with the direct needed dependencies, but
with the complete tree for each of those direct dependencies? Any ideas
to simplify this task ?

Thanks again for the answer.

RC

"Cette communication (y compris les pieces jointes) est reservee a l'usage exclusif du destinataire
(des destinataires) et peut contenir des informations privilegiees, confidentielles, exemptees
de divulgation selon la loi ou protegees par les droits d'auteur. Si vous n'etes pas un destinataire,
toute utilisation, divulgation, distribution, reproduction, examen ou copie (totale ou partielle)
est non-autorisee et peut etre illegale. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration
et son integrite ne peut etre assuree. Sanofi Pasteur decline toute responsabilite au titre
de ce message s'il a ete modifie ou falsifie. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message,
merci de le detruire immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur de l'erreur de distribution et
de la destruction du message. Merci.
This transmission (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential information including trade secrets which are privileged, confidential,
exempt from disclosure under applicable law and/or subject to copyright. If you are not an
intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, review or copying (either
whole or partial) is unauthorized and may be unlawful. E-mails are susceptible to alteration
and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.Sanofi Pasteur shall not be liable for this e-mail
if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete
it immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion.
Thank you."