maven-users mailing list archives

From "Stephane Nicoll" <stephane.nic...@gmail.com>
Subject assembly extraction of dependency without META-INF directory
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:56:35 GMT
Hi list,

I am using the assembly plugin to create a distribution of my
applications. Those applications share a legacy ant build script with
associated helper classes that need to be bundled in each
distribution.

In order to avoid the duplication, I have created two artifacts: one
containing the ant script
(mygroup.test:myartifact-test-runner-script) and one containing the
helper classes. In my assembly descriptor, I request that the first
descriptor should be unpacked in the root directory (so that the ant
script is unpacked there). Unfortunately, unpacking it unpacks also
the META-INF and associated stuff. Is there any way to filter unpacked
elements? Any other way to achieve the use case above? Note that i
could not use fileSets since the ant script is not located in the same
structure.

My assembly is as follows:

<assembly>
    <id>distribution</id>
    <formats>
        <format>zip</format>
    </formats>
    <includeBaseDirectory>true</includeBaseDirectory>
    <dependencySets>
        <dependencySet>
            <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
            <excludes>
                <exclude>mygroup.test:myartifact-test-runner-script</exclude>
            </excludes>
        </dependencySet>
        <dependencySet>
            <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
            <unpack>true</unpack>
            <includes>
                <include>mygroup.test:myartifact-test-runner-script</include>
            </includes>
        </dependencySet>
    </dependencySets>
</assembly>