maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Locating pom.xml in a parent directory?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:02:00 GMT
I don't disagree with you Dan, but want to point out:
1) the parentBaseDir discussion has been happening on Maven Dev and
not Maven Users,
2) this is still very much a discussion point, far from being
implemented and available in a publicly-available Maven release, and
3) the parentBaseDir parameter would not be helpful to this particular
user, based on my understanding of the use case he's presented.

He wants to call Maven to compile his project when he's in the
directory /project/src/main/java/com/foo/bar, without changing
directories into the /project directory to execute "mvn compile" and
then cd'ing back to .../bar.

I just don't want to get his hopes up... IMHO the best advice is to
find another "solution" to this "problem".

Wayne