maven-users mailing list archives

From Xavier Outhier <xavier.outh...@siemens.com>
Subject [m2] Unable to change Checkstyle configuration file: path problem
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:25:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using the Checkstyle plug-in and it works perfect with default
or predefined.

1) But I would like to try another config file from JJGuidelines.
I try to change to checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml by modifying the pom like
this:

  <reporting>
    <plugins>
[...]
        <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
                <configLocation>checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml</configLocation>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
[...]
    </plugins>
  </reporting>'ve added the checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml in

I put the checkstyle-jjguidelines.xml and checkstyle-jjguidelines.jar
in my project directory and it found it but I got the error:

[INFO] Generate "Checkstyle" report.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error during page generation
Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Failed during checkstyle
configuration
Unable to instantiate usage.UnusedLocalVariableCheck
[INFO]

I suppose it comes from that:
"within the compile scope of the dependencies or build extensions
classpath."
There is a class with name "UnusedLocalVariableCheck" in the jar.

Where should I put the checkstyle-jjguidelines.jar?
What should I add in my pom.xml or settings.xml?

2) I would like also to know where are located the 4 predefined config
file listed
on the Customization page:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/customize.html

Thank you,