maven-users mailing list archives

From Douglas Ferguson <douglas.fergu...@epsiia.com>
Subject War: Exclude A Transitive Dependency
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:41:32 GMT
I have a project that generates a war file, the j2ee jar is inheritented
as a transitive dependency, however if the j2ee jar is included, then
tomcat prints a warning but websphere refuses to deploy.

Is there anyway to tell the war plugin not to include this lib?  I know
I could mark the dependency as provided but I thought I would see if
there is a more elegant way to do this without having to specify a
version that I could obtain transitively.

D-