maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: <jarName> ?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:22:19 GMT
Jeff Mutonho wrote on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:27 AM:

> What's the point of having the option to specify the ejb jar name
> using <jarName> my-ejb-jar </jarName> when the when
> "my-ejb-jar-x.y.z" does not
> end up being installed in the repository?

Because otherwise the artifact would never be found in the repo again. The local name is only
for your convenience e.g. becasue it might easy the handling in your development environment.

> Is there a way of getting around this?

No.

But normally you will not use the EJB jars directly anyway, because you embed them into an
EAR. Look into the ear plugin's configuration, how to adjust the names of the embedded elements
(e.g. to remove the version on the fly).

- Jörg