maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>
Subject Have Maven Eclipse Plugin specify Eclipse file encoding
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:21:49 GMT
Hi,

My work environment requires that all source files are encoded as
UFT-8. Since we're using Eclipse, this means we have to change the
file encoding to UTF-8 whenever we create a new workspace, which is
inconvenient and error-prone.

Since all of our Eclipse config is generated by the Maven Eclipse
Plugin already, having it set the file encoding on a per-project
basis would be a great solution (looks like you just have to add
"encoding/<project>=UTF-8" to .settings/
org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs).

Should I post a feature request to JIRA?

Thanks,
-Ralph.