maven-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Bailly <abai...@oqube.com>
Subject Re: Asciidoc support
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:57:15 GMT
<Minto.van.der.Sluis@amsterdam.politie.nl> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I wonder if there exists a maven plugin that supports asciidoc
> (www.asciidoc.org). In particular I am interested in using asciidoc
> based textfiles in conjuction with the site plugin.

Hello,
I did not know asciidoc and I thank you for the pointer (and als for
asciimathml). I don't think there is support for this format in maven
(or doxia).

> If support for asciidoc does not yet exist, how hard is it to extend the
> site plugin to support it?

In theory, this is easy. In practice, it is not extremely difficult
but the process is a definitive hackish taste. I created a new format for
site generation using muse (a publishing system similar to asciidoc
with support in emacs). you could use this or the doxia sources to
produce such a plugin.

Here are the references:
 - the parser with installation instructions: http://www.oqube.com/project/muse-parser
 - the doxia jira report http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-74

good luck.

--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.