maven-users mailing list archives

From "Bent André Solheim" <bent.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using classifer with the ejb-plugin
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:26:24 GMT
Hi again!

When I'm using the ear-plugin, the same issue as with the ejb-plugin arises.
It doesn't have support for the classifier tag. In my webapp, I configure my
profile like this:

<plugins>
    <plugin>
        <executions>
            <execution>
                <phase>package</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>war</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <classifier>prod</classifier>
                </configuration>
            </execution>
        </executions>
    </plugin>
</plugins>

and end up with an artifact named [artifactId-version-classifier.war]. Does
anybody know how to achieve this with the ear-plugin, or if it is at all
possible? I find it very usefull to be able to "tag" my artifacts using the
classifer based on what profile was used to build it.

Are there anybody else out there who use classifier to build, for instance,
a webapp with different name for development, testing, and production?

Best regards
Bent