maven-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Shum" <tcs...@taifook.com>
Subject RE: Re: Is maven good to small projects
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 02:14:39 GMT
Well, though I tends to agree on the Maven's directory layout, I am
not going to 'fight' for it now  :)

Just wanna to point out that your reasoning behind your
statement "it's not necessary to use Maven in simply projects"
is weak and fragile.

Whether one wanna adopt standard directory layout is unrelated
to the simplicity of the project. Contradictarily, such reasoning
prohibits "large, complex" projects to adopt Maven instead.

Therefore I don't really see a valid point in your reasons to support
your statement on "Maven is (mostly) only necessary to large
scale project"

Cheers,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Sha Jiang [mailto:jiangshachina@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:00 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Re: Is maven good to small projects

Hello,
Maven's standard direcotry layout may not be accepted by everyone.
Because of my favourite, I don't like the layout, however it is fit for much
matters.
To much legacy, we have to adapt to customized layout, and have to increase
the POMs' complexity.
Of course, nothing can be tasted well by everyone.

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang

2006/9/6, Dave Hoffer <DHoffer@xrite.com>:

> Maven2 is very good at small and large projects.
>
> My only complaint with maven2 is that it seems not quite ready [2.0.4] in
> some areas...if you need those 'not-quite-ready' areas you are in for some
> work as you will need to build and install snapshots of various plugins.
>
> ...Just my two cents.
>
> -dh

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your
system and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination
or copying of this email is prohibited. Taifook Securities Group, its group companies and
their content providers ("Parties") shall not be responsible for the accuracy or completeness
of this email or its attachment, if any, which could contain virus, be corrupted, destroyed,
incomplete, intercepted, lost or arrive late.   The Parites do not accept liability for any
damage caused by this email.