maven-users mailing list archives

From kannan.ekan...@gmail.com
Subject Changes in POM gets overwritten
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:54:15 GMT
Hi,
I use Maven 2.0.4 to manage dependencies in my project. My local machine is
configured to hit an internal repository, before hitting the ibiblio or any
other repository on the WWW. I have *hand edited* one of the POM files since
the dependencies that got downloaded were wrong. However, problem is that,
after sometime the .pom file *actually* gets overwritten. I tried to
reproduce the issue by actually doing a "mvn clean install" on different
projects (deleting some portions of my machines repository, reinstalling
etc) but with no luck. The .pom file gets overwritten sometimes when a
Continuous Integration Server builds it. Has someone encountered this issue
before? Is there any small setting that I am supposed to do to fix this?

PS : In particular I am editing the pom of Drools-jsr94 library(version
3.0.4), since the pom downloaded from the WWW has wrong group Ids.

Regards,
Kannan Ekanath