maven-users mailing list archives

From "Tamás Cservenák" <t.cserve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why does my project have SNAPSHOT dependencies?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:10:25 GMT
Hi,

1. Try something like this (explicitly forbid SNAPSHOTs):

	<repositories>
		<repository>
			<id>...</id>
			<layout>default</layout>
			<name>...</name>
			<releases>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
				<checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
			</releases>
			<snapshots>
				<enabled>false</enabled>
			</snapshots>
			<url>
				http://...
			</url>
		</repository>
	</repositories>

2. aggregation is NOT ALWAYS a good solution, see:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Creating+a+Maven+proxy
the "Aggregation of proxies may not be your friend" paragraph.

This is especially true for XXX + XXX.snapshot like reposes. It is
recommended to place SNAPSHOT-enabled reposes into separate group (to
avoid aggregation) and explicitly reference it from POM with proper
settings (snaphots enabled = true).

Aggregation IS YOUR FRIEND to make developers life easier, like
intentional "spoofing" of the J2EE artifacts by overlaying them onto
"central". The central has proper POMs, and you "overlay" onto them
the proper JARs.... etc.

Have fun,
~t~