maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [M2] stripping versions from filenames in classpath or fileset returned by artifact:dependencies task
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 03:29:59 GMT
People sometimes like to have the ability to drop-in updates to
library Jars in a running appserver instance without creating a whole
new build and officially deploying it etc. If you remove the version
number before deploying, you can just drop abc-1.1.2.jar over
abc-1.1.1.jar by renaming both to abc.jar.

I don't personally ascribe to this method, but for some reason, its
very popular. This is not the first time I've seen this question on
the mail list. And I don't honestly recall the answer from the last
time it was asked.

Wayne