maven-users mailing list archives

From Ståle Undheim <staa...@coretrek.com>
Subject Re: Assemblies created from a pom project
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:01:53 GMT
Busch, Hendrik (LNG-MUE) wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I get the following when I run mvn assembly:assembly (shortened to 2
>> important lines):
>> [INFO] Building jar: <path>/server/ccsapi/target/ccsapi-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>> [INFO] Included module: com.corelets:ccsapi:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT does not
>> have an artifact with a file. Please ensure the package phase is run
>> before the assembly is generated.
>
> I remember that there is a bug in maven preventing the reactor project
> list from being filled when using the assembly plugin. It might be
> scheduled for the next release but up until then you can work around
> this problem by calling
>
> mvn package assembly:assembly
>
> This should work.

Thanks, it did. Now I have a new problem.

I have 4 submodules in my project, and I want the resulting tar.gz file
to be:

lib/all-dependencies
module1-4.jar

But there doesnt seem to be any seperation off dependencies and
artifacts from sub-projects. If I use:

<moduleSet>
  <binaries>
    <includeDependencies>false</includeDependencies>
  </binaries>
</moduleSet>

Only the artifacts are included. If I set includeDependencies to true,
all the artifacts and dependencies are included. Is it possible to
seperate child artifacts from child dependencies? I tried using exclude
with both groupId:artifactId, filename matching, and exact filenames so
I could seperate out the files, but none of them worked.

Is there any way I can make the parent project inherit all the child
projects dependencies and use dependencySet to group together dependencies?

--
Ståle Undheim
Systemutvikler

CoreTrek