maven-users mailing list archives

From Ståle Undheim <staa...@coretrek.com>
Subject Assemblies created from a pom project
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:07:02 GMT
I have a pom type project, with 5 sub-projects. I want to create the
assembly (tar.gz and such) in the pom project, including dependencies
and artifacts from child modules.

I get the following when I run mvn assembly:assembly (shortened to 2
important lines):
[INFO] Building jar: <path>/server/ccsapi/target/ccsapi-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Included module: com.corelets:ccsapi:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT does not
have an artifact with a file. Please ensure the package phase is run
before the assembly is generated.

In my assembly file I now have just:
<assembly>
  <id>bin</id>
  <formats>
    <format>tar.gz</format>
  </formats>

  <moduleSets>
    <moduleSet>
      <binaries>
        <outputDirectory>modules/${artifactId}</outputDirectory>
        <includeDependencies>true</includeDependencies>
        <unpack>false</unpack>
      </binaries>
    </moduleSet>
  </moduleSets>
</assembly>

This is more or less cut and paste from the assembly examples. I have
just removed more and more to stay with the defaults. How do I include
files from sub-projects? Do I need to reference them directly?
--
Ståle Undheim
Systemutvikler

CoreTrek