maven-users mailing list archives

From Ståle Undheim <staa...@coretrek.com>
Subject Re: Excluding artifact from assemblys dependencySet
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:50:00 GMT
dan tran wrote:
> use exclude
>
>  <dependencySets>
>    <dependencySet>
>      <excludes>
>        <exclude>commons-lang:commons-lang</exclude>
>        <exclude>log4j:log4j</exclude>
>      </excludes>
>    </dependencySet>
>  </dependencySets>

I used excludes, but thought it was filename. It worked when I changed
to <groupId>:<artifactId>. But my next things still remain. I have tried
using release:prepare and release:perform, and got them working, tagging
SVN, and creating javadoc and source jars.

However I have no clue about when and how the javadoc and source jars
are created, or how I can create these before the assembly so I can
deploy them into my finished tar.gz package.

I want to do my outmost to use maven plugins and use defaults, but maybe
the solution is to use ant for creating the actual packages to be
distributed.

--
Ståle Undheim
Systemutvikler