maven-users mailing list archives

From Ståle Undheim <staa...@coretrek.com>
Subject Excluding artifact from assemblys dependencySet
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:07:12 GMT
I have a simple project that produces 1 jar (no child modules), and 3
dependencies. I want to produce an assembly that looks something like this:

lib/dependency1.jar
lib/dependency2.jar
lib/dependency3.jar
doc/javadoc
project-version.jar
project-version-src.jar

I have the following defined in my assembly.xml:
  <dependencySets>
    <dependencySet>
      <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
    </dependencySet>
  </dependencySets>

The problem is that my project-version.jar is also included in the lib
folder. There is text on the assembly web-page that you can create a
project as I have illustrated above, but no examples of how.

I havent looked into doing the src jar or the javadoc part yet, and I
dont see anything in the assembly documentation about doing things like
that. Anyone able to point me in the right direction regarding this?
assembly:assembly doesnt seem to invoke the building of javadoc.

I also need to figure out how the assembly plugin relates to a release
and upload.
--
Ståle Undheim
Systemutvikler