maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrius Ĺ abanas <andr...@pivotcapital.com>
Subject Re: Authentication question
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 10:54:24 GMT
Jeff Mutonho wrote:
> I'm doing a "mvn site-deploy' (from an Win XP machine)  to deploy to my
> project onto a Linux machine (running Fedora Core) and everytime  a
> sub-module website is about to be deployed to Linux machine I get asked the
> following :
>
> The authenticity of host '165.148.216.14' can't be established.
> RSA key fingerprint is 9e:0c:8c:b8:57:60:e2:b2:1a:1f:fb:f0:10:30:0f:64.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting? (yes/no): yes
>
> and have to type "yes" .
>
> How do I prevent this from happening?

The problem is that ssh subsystem cannot create known_hosts file because
its parent directory ".ssh" does not exist. Try creating a directory
named ".ssh" under your user home directory (usually it is c:\Documents
and Settings\<username>\). Windows Explorer has problems with creating
directories starting with period ".", so use command prompt and execute
"mkdir .ssh".

After that, you will be asked to accept the server only once, and
hopefully never again... :-)

Hope this helps,

Andrius