maven-users mailing list archives

From "Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin" <donnch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database deployment
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:29:15 GMT
Yes, ours is a continuous integration context too. What ant task do you use?

At it's simplest we could execute the mysql command with the DDL script.
I guess what I'm looking for is, what is the standard way of doing
this? I would imagine that a large proportion of of projects using
maven are database-backed, (presumably the majority of web
applications that use maven) so there must be a standard way of
deploying a database schema from a maven build.

Alternatives to getting the build to deploy the schema is to package
the DDL script into the webapp and get it to run it on startup if
necessary.

  Donnchadh