maven-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Sanlaville" <remy.sanlavi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven2 / xdoclet plugin and strutsconfigxml
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:25:53 GMT
Hello Marco,

> (1) I tried also to use the antrun plugin without success.
> > I used this classpath (that works with ant).
> >
> > <path id ="xdoclet.classpath">
> >   <fileset dir="C:/Tools/XDoclet/v1.2.3/lib">
> >       <include name="*.jar"/>
> >   </fileset>
> > </path>
> >
> > <taskdef
> >     name        = "webdoclet"
> >     classname    = "xdoclet.modules.web.WebDocletTask"
> >     classpathref= "xdoclet.classpath"
> > />
> >
> > But if I use the maven.dependency.classpath as you, it works well !
> > Strange no ?!
>

> Well, it would not surprise me if in your fileset
> dir="C:/Tools/XDoclet/v1.2.3
> >
> > /lib" you are missing some jars...... cos theoretically if  in that lib
> > dir you have
>
> all jars needed by xdoclet, it should have worked just fine
>

> <taskdef
> >     name        = "webdoclet"
> >     classname    = "xdoclet.modules.web.WebDocletTask"
> >     classpathref= "maven.dependency.classpath"
> > />
>

> this i m sure it works becaue in my dependencies there is all that xdoclet
> need to run the task.
> If in your lib directory you h ave all xdoclet-xxx-module.jar as well as
> xjavadoc, i see no reason of why your code above hsould not work
> again,, any maven expert here can condraddict and give feedback, i m no
> guru...i have just learned things from trying them out (and failing :) )

I think that it's not this problem because as I indicated it works with ant
so
it's why I don't understand what happen. Anyway your solution is better...

(2) In order to don't put the xdoclet dependencies in the WEB-INF/lib, I

I tried it before to wrote :
> It is not possible also to use the scope provided because the
> maven.dependency.classpath don't take into account this scope.
I will post a new question for this on the mailing list..

(3) Why are you the packaging phase insteed of the generate-sources phase ?
> > <execution>
> >     <phase>package</phase>
>

> ah! ignore it...i had problems wtih dependencies.... but it might have
> been
> due to the fact that i had incorrect classpath
> it should work also with <phase>generate-sources</phase>
> but i haven't tried....have no time unfortunately.....  i m not using
> maven
> at work, so i have to use it in my spare time and nowadays i have very
> little spare time
> you might want to try and see if you have classpath problem....

For me it works well with the generate-sources.It's why I asked you this
question
to be sure that it's what you really want to do because I think it's better
to use the
generate-sources phase.

Thanks,

Remy