maven-users mailing list archives

From michel.verb...@b-holding.be
Subject RE: Arbitrary Classpath Entry in MANIFEST.MF
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:55:00 GMT
I'm having the same problem as Chas Douglass (2006/05/02)

I want to add '.' (the current directory) to the classpath.

The main reason for this is to be able to access files like
log4j.properties
hibernate.cfg.xml
outside the jar, so I don't have to rebuild my jar if, e.g., I want to increase
the log4j level for a particular class.
Or ask my client over the phone to increase the level and send me the log file.

Does anybody know a way of doing this?

The only thing I came up with was this (but perhaps this should be sent to the
dev-list):
current config of the manifest:
<configuration>
  <archive>
       <manifest>
              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
              <mainClass>be.brail.b38c.loadtester.AppLoadTester</mainClass>
       </manifest>
  </archive>
</configuration>

possible extension of manifest config
<configuration>
  <archive>
       <manifest>
              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
             <additionalClasspathEntries>
              <classpathEntry>./</classpathEntry>
              <classpathEntry>help/</classpathEntry>
              <classpathEntry>resources/</classpathEntry>