maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: How to disable creation of cache repository under c:\Documents and Settings\user\m2\.. ?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:13:11 GMT

Sharma, Jaikumar wrote on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:34 PM:

> Is there a way to disable creation of cache repository under
> c:\documents and setting\user\m2\... ? I have configured local
> intranet
> repository for
> plugins and dependencies.
>
> I want this to be downloaded everytime user runs build and
> not to cumulate
> everything on every machine under C:\Documents and Settings\user\m2\..

This is a very bad idea! The local repository must be local for every user. If multiple users
share it, they will arbitrarily overwrite their snapshot versions during development and you
run into major troubles.

To prevent that every user is downloading from the internet, install a proxy for Maven like:
- maven-proxy
- proximity
- archiva
and configure the clients to access this one instead of ibiblio.

- Jörg