maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: Maven is lying to me!
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:05:01 GMT
thiago wrote on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:27 PM:

> Milos Kleint-2 wrote:
>>

>> maybe it's not interpreting the location correctly and instead
>> deploys to a local disk? try searching for the server/dev/mavenrepo
>> on your local disk. No idea how to setup this url configuration. On
>> linux the same url would definitely deploy to a local directory at
>> /server/dev/mavenrepo
>>

> Hi,
>
>     Yeh, you're right, I checked my c:\ and I noticed the directory
> created there =)
>
>     Ok, so how do I achieve this? How do I map a repository to a
> network share?

Use a proper URL!

file:// defines the file protocol
file://localhost/ is the root adress on your local system
file:/// is the short form of file://localhost/
file://///server/share/ addresses the "share" of "server" in a Windows network, which is a
convenient form of file://localhost/\\server\share\, since the path from your local system
to the server's share is \\server\share

Got it? Any other mixture is a concession to user's habbits and may or may not be supported
by the URL parser of your product/app/browser.

- Jörg