maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: Conflicting Dependency Version Dilemna
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:21:59 GMT
Mike Perham wrote on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:05 PM:

> Not exactly.  We have a single parent POM per ear and don't
> share war/ejbs
> between ears, yes.  But you can still do what you want with a
> dependencyManagement section in the parent to centralize the version
> numbers and just have each ear POM pull in its required ejbs.  Or am
> I missing something?

And what about the EJBs? As long as the EJBs do not use the same parent POM and declare the
depednencies explicitly, it is not guaranteed to work. And if you add the same POM to different
EARs you might be in conflict.

And note, this is not simply hypothetical, we run into this often enough to be annoyed.

- Jörg