maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: m2, xdoclet and generate-sources problem
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 14:10:45 GMT
Hi Marco,

Marco Mistroni wrote on Monday, August 07, 2006 3:53 PM:

> hi all,
>  i have a multiproject where 2 of the subprojects have to run
> xdoclet plugin
> in order to generate
> local interfaces, ddescriptors etc..
>
> for some weird reasons, the generate-sources goal works only on one
> of them..
>
> i have
>
> myProject
>     |____ EJB1
>     |____ EJB2
>
> both poms have generate-sources goal, but when i launch the pom from
> myProject, it actually generates sources only for EJB1.

No, source for both EJBs are generated, but you find anything in the EJB1 component ...

> HTIS
> HAPPENS only
> for generation of local/remove interaces, since deployment
> descriptors gets successfully generated.

Because the subtasks define a destdir attribute.

> I tried various trial to see if it wa smy fault of
> incorrecting use xdoclet
> tags etc, but if i place all EJBs in either EJB1 or EJB2,
> everything works
> fine.
> Having ejb in both directory though, as i said, results in
> local/remove interraces being generated only in the first project
> being invoked
>
> here' s my pom.xml (it is exactly the same for build phase of
> both projects
>
> <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>         <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>           <executions> <execution>
>             <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>             <goals>
>               <goal>xdoclet</goal>
>             </goals>
>             <configuration>
>               <tasks>
>                 <ejbdoclet
>
> destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"
>             " excludedTags="@author,@version">
>                 <fileset
>                     dir="src/main/java"
>                     includes="**/*Bean.java" />
>                 <entitycmp />
>                 <homeinterface >
>                         <!-- <packagesubstitution packages="session"
>                           substituteWith="interfaces"
> useFirst="  true"/>
> -->
>                 </homeinterface>
>                 <localinterface/>
>                 <localhomeinterface/>
>                 <remoteinterface/>
>                 <deploymentdescriptor
>
> destDir="${project.build.directory}/META-INF"/>
>                     <jboss version="3.2"
>
> destDir="${project.build.directory}/META-INF"/>
>                  </ejbdoclet>
>               </tasks>
>             </configuration>
>           </execution>
>         </executions>
>       </plugin>
>

> anyone knows anything about that?

define the destdir attribute for all subtasks, so that the destdir attribute of the ejbdoclet
is completely ignored.

Reference:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-265
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/browse/XDT-1505