maven-users mailing list archives

From Matt Brozowski <bro...@opennms.org>
Subject Re: ant dependency list
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:46:13 GMT

On Aug 16, 2006, at 4:14 AM, Lakshman Srilakshmanan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Going through the examples provided in "Developing Custom Maven
> Plugin"
> in Better Builds with Maven, I find that example 5.4.2 (Notifying
> Other
> Developers with an Ant Mojo) does not work. The error message is
> "Failed
> to initialise MIME mail" which means that the ant mojo could not find
> mail.jar and/or activation.jar.
>
> I have included both the jar files in the maven-buildinfo-plugin
> pom.xml
> and in the guinea-pig pom.xml to no avail. Do I have to pass the
> maven.compile.classpath to the notify.mojos.xml. If yes, then could
> someone please show me how. I know how to pass it to an external ant
> build.xml file, but this ant mojo.xml file exists within the plugin.

I recently ran into similar issues passing classpaths to ant ant-mojo
and it turns out there is not 'automatic' way to do it.

The classpath gets passed into and as a 'reference' to a List.  But
for it to be a classpath in needs to be an ant path.

I wrote a solution that works thought that you can look at:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opennms/maven-plugins/trunk/opennms-
groovyc-plugin

What's really needed is a set of 'helper' tasks that can be used to
do what my script tasks do

Hope this helps.

Please email if you have any suggestions.  I would love to generalize
it to a set of helpers for ant-mojos.

Matt Brozowski

___
Matt Brozowski, OpenNMS Maintainer			Main:	+1 919 812 4984
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.					Fax:		+1 503 961 7746
Email: brozow@opennms.org					URL:	http://www.opennms.com