maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mathias Brökelmann" <mbroekelm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: scm with VSS
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:01:06 GMT
ok I don't want to start a flame war ...

We are facing the same situation here.

But our strategy is to move from vss or cvs to subversion before we
start using maven. We need to restructure our projects and this
shouldn't be done with vss or cvs.

I don't know whats wrong with the vss provider for scm but I wouldn't
expect to much from it.

If you really need it you probably have to fix this in the existing
vss provider.

Debugging plugins is quite easy just checkout the scm plugin:

>svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/scm/trunk maven-scm-plugin

install them

>cd maven-scm-plugin
>mvn install

modify your pom.xml to use the current scm plugin version - which is
at this time 1.0-SNAPSHOT

create eclipse projects for debugging:

>mvn eclipse:eclipse

import the projects into your workspace.

define a breakpoint in before or near CheckoutMojo.java:113

define Debug options before running checkout:

>set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000

run checkout in your maven project

>mvn scm:checkout

attach to it through eclipse on port 8000 and hopefully the breakpoint
should be catched.

Hope this helps a little bit.

If you find the problem and even better a fix for this it would be
nice to create jira issue and post a patch for it. In the meantime
follow the instructions on
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Patching+Maven+Plugins to
make your patched plugin available for internal use.

2006/8/21, mister5 <lperea@telmex.com>:

> [...]
> >> ltLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
> >> dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
> >> ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:219)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
> >> fecycleExecutor.java:140)
> >>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
> >>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
> >>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
> >>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >>         at
> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> >> java:39)
> >>         at
> >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
> >> sorImpl.java:25)
> >>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >>         at
> >> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
> >>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> >>         at
> >> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
> >>
> >>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> >> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Cannot run
> >> checkout c
> >> ommand :
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.CheckoutMojo.checkout(CheckoutMojo.java:1
> >> 13)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.CheckoutMojo.execute(CheckoutMojo.java:61
> >> )
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
> >> nManager.java:412)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
> >> ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
> >>         ... 16 more
> >> Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.NoSuchCommandScmException: No such
> >> command
> >> 'chec
> >> kout'.
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.checkout(AbstractSc
> >> mProvider.java:227)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.checkOut(AbstractSc
> >> mProvider.java:221)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.CheckoutMojo.checkout(CheckoutMojo.java:1
> >> 04)
> >>         ... 19 more
> >> [INFO]
> >> [INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
> >> [INFO] Finished at: Mon Aug 21 12:35:56 CDT 2006

Mathias