maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>
Subject Re: [m2] Same output dir for maven and eclipse?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:45:35 GMT
On 24.08.2006, at 10:45, Amshoff Christoph, Köln wrote:
> I'm setting up a project where team members could use either Maven2 or
> Eclipse to build the project. Normally, Maven will be used during
> CI/nightly
> builds and Eclipse by developers.

Same here.

> The question is: where is the particular output of these builds
> going? Do
> you recommend to use the same output folder for compiled classes of
> both
> tools, or what are the best practices in this case?

Is there any reason to separate the output folders? We use the maven
eclipse plugin [1] to generate our eclipse project files, which re-
uses maven's output directories for eclipse (at least by default).

Cheers,
-Ralph.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/overview.html