maven-users mailing list archives

From "Amshoff Christoph, Köln" <Christoph.Amsh...@fja.com>
Subject [m2] "Shortening the Command Line" when executing plugins
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:53:02 GMT
Hi,

I followed the "Guide to Developing Java Plugins" and performed the
mentioned steps to compile and install the sample plugin. When executing,
the command line "mvn sample.plugin:maven-hello-plugin:sayhi"
is executed successfully.

But when I try to "shorten the command line" like suggested in the guide,
both of the following ways are failing:

-- Maven will try expanding the artifactId: "mvn sample.plugin:hello:sayhi"
is giving me the error "The plugin 'sample.plugin:hello' does not exist or
no valid version could be found"

-- Add your plugin's groupId to the list of groupIds searched by default in
${user.home}/.m2/settings.xml file: "mvn maven-hello-plugin:sayhi" is
producing the error "The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-maven-hello-plugin-plugin' does not exist or
no valid version could be found"

What am I missing here? Is the Plugin Guide wrong? Are these ways of
reducing command line only working with deployed plugins (I did only install
it)? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Christoph.