maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrius Ĺ abanas <andr...@pivotcapital.com>
Subject Re: [M2] eclipse:eclipse requires compile?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:10:21 GMT
Siegmann Daniel, NY wrote:
> Could someone explain why running eclipse:eclipse requires that the project
> successfully compile? I want to build the eclipse project files so I can fix
> the compilation errors. ;)

Yes, this is quite a nuisance, especially when updating dependencies
breaks the compilation. I guess it is needed so that code-generating
plugins, such as xdoclet or  wsldl2java could have a chance to add their
target directories as additional source directories. They usually do it
in generate-sources lifecycle phase. Eclipse plugin then includes these
directories in the eclipse project descriptors.

I was wondering whether it is be possible to move eclipse:eclipse
execution to process-sources (or maybe better process-resources) phase?
Then at least it would not fail when compilation fails. Maybe an author
of the eclipse plugin could comment on this?

Andrius