maven-users mailing list archives

From Jan Vissers <Jan.Viss...@cumquat.nl>
Subject Re: Maven 2.0.4 - multi module reporting
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:31:43 GMT
Well... this has been a journey, which appears to have become a deception.
My conclusions after a day trying to figure the reporting (surefire,
checkstyle, jdepend, javancss,
cobertua, pmd, jxr, changes, changelog) are:

   * multi-module reporting 'out-of-the-box' isn't behaving properly,
         the module links don't show up, so there is no easy way to
         navigate to these locations - where in fact several reports have
         been generated.

   * trying to overcome this issue by setting a staging area for the site,
         only results in several aggregation reports (javadoc/jxr) not being
         populated correctly.

   * report aggregation for multi-module projects is a pain in the ...
         various reports use different ways, to (try) to set aggregation
         only a few actually manage to succeed. In my opinion report
         aggregation for multi-module projects should work straight away.
         Looks like PMD reporting has got the basic idea, in that it
searches
         for modules for aggregation are automatically performed - but
         maven's behavior gets in the way.

I'll be continuing my tests for maven 2.0.4, next time for basic building
specifics like; install, package, deploy, release.

If anybody has some more information about the multi module reporting status
and how (soon) things will get better - I would definitely like to know!

Thanks,
Jan.