maven-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Getting the ear plugin to recognise har files
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:52:57 GMT
Stephane Nicoll wrote:

>> Embedded error: Unknown artifact type[har]
>>
>> Looking in the docs, the configuration option "artifactTypeMappings"
>> seems
>> to offer a clue, but apart from the text "PlexusConfiguration", there is
>> no indication what needs to be done to get this to work, or whether this
>> option does I what I think it might do.
>
> Well, it does [1].
>
>       <configuration>
>          <artifactTypeMappings>
>            <artifactTypeMapping type="har" mapping="jar"/>
>          </artifactTypeMappings>
>        </configuration>

This option won't work for us, as the project that creates the har file,
already creates an ejb mapped to a jar file, which creates a filename clash.

Ideally the ear plugin shouldn't try to know about every single file
extension ever made, because invariably someone (in this case JBoss)
invents a new one, and the ear plugin stops working.

A sane default would be to assume the suffix maps to the type for files
that are not recognised.

Regards,
Graham