maven-users mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>
Subject Re: test-classes in War
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:07:14 GMT
devillina wrote:
> I think i'm doing something wrong.
> I put the thing for the jar-plugin in my pom.xml (the one that builds the
> war).
> And i do get a test-jar build.  But building this jar is the last thing
> maven does.
> So when i put the dependency in my war-plugin like this:
>
> <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
> 	    <excludes>**/_svn/**</excludes>
> 	    <archive>
> 	        <manifest>
> 		    <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
> 		</manifest>
> 	    </archive>
>         </configuration>
>         <dependencies>
>             <dependency>
>                  <groupId>be.delaware.jpetstore.samples</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>jpetstore</artifactId>
>                  <version>0.0.1</version>
>                  <type>test-jar</type>
>             </dependency>
>         </dependencies>
> </plugin>
>
> But he keeps saying he's missing an artifact for the war-plugin (what would
> be logical because he tries to   make the war before the test-jar is even
> build).
> any ideas?

The artifact has to be installed for maven to use it.

in fact - I have these in separate projects. (The tests are build from a
"server-project" - and I depend on these in a separate "testwar-project").

> (p.s. i can't put my tests in the main source tree, because they want me to
> follow the
> maven default directory structure).
Can you send the complete pom?

My jar-plugin configuration:

		<plugin>

			<executions>
			<execution>
				<goals>
					<goal>test-jar</goal>
				</goals>
			</execution>
			</executions>

			<configuration>
			  <archive>
			    <index>true</index>

			    <manifestEntries>
				<url>${pom.url}</url>
				<email>${myEmailAddress}</email>
				<buildNumber>${buildNumber}</buildNumber>
			    </manifestEntries>

			    <manifest>
			      <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
			    </manifest>

			  </archive>
			</configuration>
	      </plugin>

I think your approach should work as the test-jar will be executed
before the war-step. The problem is that the artifact is not installed
in your local repo at this point. If you're totally stuck I would
recommend splitting it up into two artifacts.

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com