maven-users mailing list archives

From "John Casey" <casey.joh...@gmail.com>
Subject notice about recent assembly plugin snapshot
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:27:09 GMT
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to send a quick note to let you know that I've made some
modifications to the way the assembly plugin functions. These changes are
likely to break your assemblies if you're using the
moduleSets/moduleSet/sources element.

The sources element used to be derived from fileSet, in that you could
provide directory, outputDirectory, includes, excludes, etc. directly on
that element. This sources element would determine how source-files from
module children and grandchildren of your project were included. In some
recent work, I've noticed that it's sometimes useful to be more flexible
with module source inclusion. So, I've made the sources element a
free-standing class, no longer derived from the fileSet.

So, to replicate this:

<moduleSets>
  <moduleSet>
    <sources>
      <directory>src</directory>
      <excludes>
        <exclude>**/*.bak</exclude>
        <exclude>**/*~</exclude>
      </excludes>
    </sources>
  </moduleSet>
</moduleSets>

you'd need to change it to the following:

<moduleSets>
  <moduleSet>
    <sources>
      <fileSets>
        <fileSet>
          <directory>src</directory>
          <excludes>
            <exclude>**/*.bak</exclude>
            <exclude>**/*~</exclude>
          </excludes>
        </fileSet>
      </fileSets>
    </sources>
  </moduleSet>
</moduleSets>

I've deployed this new snapshot for people to try out, but changes like this
and other new features of the moduleSet section are not documented yet. I'm
planning to flesh out the documentation for these new parts soon, and call a
release, as I think we're nearing a good cut-off point, before beginning a
new round of features. I just wanted to make sure I didn't leave people
saying, "WTF? This used to work!" tonight.

-john