maven-users mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: ant based plugin
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:51:42 GMT
 I haven't written an ant plugin so I can't help you with the first
part. On the second question, the <plugin> tag can also take a
<dependencies> tag and these dependencies will be added to the classpath
when your plugin executes.
http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-model/maven.html#class_
plugin

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Sowerby [mailto:dave.sowerby@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:17 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: ant based plugin

Hi All,

I have been using an antrun execution to generate some code whilst
prototyping a maven build system.  I want to make a generic ant plugin
to do this but had some issues in doing so.

First of, I couldn't see how to use the paths as allowed in antrun -
such as maven.compile.classpath, I eventually got it to work with a
custom ant task and setting a property of type java.util.List - not
ideal, I can deal with it until it's fixed in a release but is there any
tidier way to do it?

Secondly my maven-plugin-plugin usage in my ant maven-plugin has it's
own dependencies - a generic set that should always be used with this
plugin but I can't see how to access these - any ideas?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Dave.