maven-users mailing list archives

From "Douglas Ferguson" <douglas.fergu...@epsiia.com>
Subject RE: Assembly
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:14:16 GMT
Yeah,

I was thinking that part would be easy. I am about to test it local here in
a few moments. It's the assembly part. The client specific files that need
to reside outside the war that's got be stumped.

I want to be able to restrict certain files (release notes, sql files,
external configs) from going into the war. Then I want to put those files
and the war into a zip file and have that be my artifact.

D-

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Brozowski [mailto:brozow@opennms.org]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 11:05 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Assembly

On Aug 4, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Douglas Ferguson wrote:

> I have a strange project here. Basically they are building custom
> for each
> client. The build pulls custom jsp files & custom configuration
> into a war
> file with the context name based on the the client context name.
>
> What I want to do is move the custom stuff out of the main build
> and into
> separate project. Then the app itself will get built using normal
> maven. The
> client stuff can get merged in using assembly.
>
> I would actually like to figure out how to merge the client
> specific stuff
> into the the platform war to generate a composite war. Then I'd
> like to take
> that war and include some of the external config files and sql
> files into a
> zip file. I'd like this zip file to be the output for the client
> specific
> module. This is what would get released to the Web Hosting team.

I haven't played with this nearly as much as others here.  But I'm
pretty sure that if you create a war packaged project with <type>war</
type> dependencies, it will 'merge' in someway the dependencies with
the code that is in the current project.

Hope that helps,
Matt

___
Matt Brozowski, OpenNMS Maintainer			Main:	+1 919 812
4984
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.					Fax:		+1
503 961 7746
Email: brozow@opennms.org					URL: