maven-users mailing list archives

From "Brad Harper" <brad.har...@epsiia.com>
Subject RE: maven-native-plugin sensitive to dependencies? [CORRECTED SUBJECT LINE]
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:18:32 GMT
I removed the artifact from the repository and modified the POM for
the child by adding <dependency> within

   <build>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <artifactId>maven-native-plugin</artifactId>
         <dependencies>
           <dependency> ... <--  groupId and artifactId only. no version.
         </dependencies>
     </plugin>
    </plugins>
   </build>

[while leaving the original <dependencyManagement> element in
the parent].

The child project build was still successful.

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 11:52 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: maven-native-plugin sensitive to dependencies? [CORRECTED
SUBJECT LINE]

DependencyManagement in a parent pom does not implicitly force the
dependency on every child/module.

You still need to (explicitly) declare the dependency in the children
poms... but you only need to include the groupId and artifactId
because you've already declared the version etc in the depMgmt section
ie:

child.pom
<dependency>
  <groupId>third-party</groupId>
  <artifactId>dxr-third-party-com-emc-centera-fplibrary-WINDOWS-X86-lib</art
ifactId>
</dependency>

HTH.
Wayne