maven-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Touret <atouret.nos...@free.fr>
Subject [M2] Build complex projects
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:41:42 GMT
Hi,
I m migrating my projects from M1 to M2. I have a J2EE project (Struts,
spring, hibernate) with the following structure:

????daos
? ????dao
????ears
? ????ear
????ejbs
? ????ejb
????guis
? ????back-gui
? ????front-gui
????services
? ????back-service
? ????front-service
????site
????src
????main
????resources
There are a pom.xml for each type of artefact (daos,guis,...)

In this project , I have two webapps which use the sames libraries (eg.
struts) I would like to externalize them to the EAR top level and only
refer by the manifest classpath. I know that if I assign all the
dependencies in the EAR and assign these dependencies with the scope
'provided' in the guis pom.xml but I would like to know what the 'best
practices' for this kind of problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Alexandre Touret