maven-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey De Smet <ge0ffrey.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to start
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:45:50 GMT
If you're still using CVS, switch to Subversion with cvs2svn so you
don't lose any history when moving directories around, because: if you
'll want to have a nice build you 'll also want to move your directories
(not required).

Set up an internal repository = have HTTP access to a directory.
There you can mvn deploy:deploy-file activation jars etc.

It is a good idea (in time?) to also setup a proxy to Ibiblio.

Lock down your plugin versions in time if anyone else besides you is
also going to build the project. Follow the maven annouce mailing lists
and update your plugin versions after you tested the new releases.

SlinnHawkins, Jon (ELS) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Have been monitoring this list for a while now, and have found a lot of the
> posts very useful.
>
> We are about to embark on a Continuous Integration migration from
> CruiseControl and Ant to Maven and Continuum (or possible stay with
> CruiseControl)
>
> We will have numerous projects, some being inter dependant.
>
> To be completely honest I'm not sure where the best place to start is.  I
> have read most of the Maven book everyone is raving about, and again that
> has helped greatly.
>

> But if I could get your opinions of the most important things to get working
> first to give us the best chance of a successful and reasonably timely
> migration.
>
> For example, should I set up an internal repository that all our projects
> access rather than using ibiblio by default...
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jon

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet