maven-users mailing list archives

From "jerome lacoste" <jerome.laco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing plugins and dependencies on other software
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:43:29 GMT
On 6/21/06, Andrew-A.Davies@ubs.com <Andrew-A.Davies@ubs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am writing a plugin for a 3rd party piece of software (Macker
> http://innig.net/macker). To run with Mavne 2.x
> What should I do re either ensuring availability of that software or
> informing an end user that it is required to run ?

You plugin will probably declare a dependency on macker itself.

Make sure the macker libraries are found under the ibiblio repository,
if it's not already done.

see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD

> The plugin already exists for Maven 1.x and I have been in contact with the
> author and he knows I intend writing the plugin.

Note: Macker is under the GPL so depending on how you wrap it, you
might need to make your plugin under the GPL as well. IANAL...

Jerome