maven-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject Relase plugin
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:13:09 GMT

I am attempting to use the release plugin to create the first release of a project. My POM
contains SCM information which is required for generating the release and used by Continuum
to check out the project. The section is: scm:cvs:pserver:${cvs-user}:${cvs-pass}@10.0.0.3:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName
scm:cvs:pserver:${cvs-user}:${cvs-pass}@10.0.0.3:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName As you
can see it contains properties for the CVS logins. However when I run release:prepare the
generated POM contains the SCM tags with the properties resolved. scm:cvs:pserver:joebloggs:p4ssw0rd@10.0.0.3:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName
scm:cvs:pserver:joebloggs:p4ssw0rd@10.0.0.3:/usr/share/cvs/cvsroot:MyProjectName Obviously
the developer doing the release will not want his password placing in the exported POM that
is placed on the repository when he runs release:release. How am I able to stop this happening?
Thank You. Martin